Officers of the College:
- Prof. Sinan Hassan, Acting Dean
The College of Architecture and Design (CAD) at Phoenicia University (PU) is committed to provide students with the highest standards of education and academic opportunities through cultivating and fostering creativity, intellectual inquiry and breadth of theoretical and practical knowledge, interdisciplinary collaboration, critical and analytical thinking, technical and craftsmanship skills, as well as visual and communication skills. The College intends to eventually make this program a world-class program, taught by internationally recognized scholars and architects with proven record of excellence in teaching, research, and practice. The College’s planned strategy is to equip students with critically-based approaches to innovative architecture and interior design, supporting them with all the skills and proficiencies necessary for academic and professional excellence and for the noble goal of creating a sustainable and quality human environment.
The College is led by a Dean who oversees the two multidisciplinary departments: Department of Architecture and Department of Interior Design. The multiple faculty participation will offer opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration.
The two degrees offered are Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) & Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Interior Design.
The College of Architecture & Design at Phoenicia University has the calculated ambition of offering one of the distinguished programs at local, national as well as regional levels, trying eventually to positively contribute to the well-being of the community as well as to the built and natural environments at the aforementioned levels. It attempts to nurture experimental and innovative individuals in design, through such a pedagogical system of didactics that is all inclusive, intellectual and experiential. As such, it would be culturally, functionally, and environmentally responsive to multiple dynamics and forces of contemporary culture and technology.
The College intends to enable and equip students with basic and fundamental design principles while trying to cultivate their skills in order to help them reach their full potential. The College stresses essential hands-on making skills, visual intelligence, problem solving and rational planning and engineering skills, critical as well as analytical thinking, verbal and visual communication skills in addition to teamwork and leadership skills. As such, the aim would be to foster responsible, mature, sensible, innovative and well-rounded architects and designers.
- Improve students’ understanding of the theoretical, technical and practical aspects of different disciplines of design
- Encourage the development of an individual approach to design (without being restricted to one single design philosophy)
- Stimulate the creative powers of students
- Acquaint students with competencies, individual capabilities and contemporary design approaches
- Provide a broad-based learning experience that prepares students for careers in the professional practice of architecture and interior design
- Enhance students’ social responsibility by creating interior environments that improve the quality of life, increase productivity, preserve the environment and protect the health, welfare, and safety of the public
- Promote students’ appreciation of innovation, intellectual scholarship, craftsmanship and technology
The College of Architecture and Design offers a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in the following programs: