Officers of the College:
- Prof. Sinan Hassan, Acting Dean
The College of Architecture and Design at Phoenicia University (PU) is committed to provide students with the highest standards of education and academic opportunities through cultivating and fostering creativity, intellectual inquiry and breadth of theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as interdisciplinary collaboration, critical and analytical thinking, technical and craftsmanship skills, and visual as well as verbal communication. As such, our goal is to eventually reach with our program a world-class standards, lead by locally, regionally and internationally recognized scholars and architects with proven record of excellence in teaching, research, and practice. The College’s planned strategy is to equip students with critically-based approaches to innovative architecture and interior design, supporting them with all the skills and proficiencies necessary for academic and professional excellence and for the noble goal of creating a sustainable and quality human environment.
The College is led by a Dean who oversees the two multidisciplinary departments: Department of Architecture and Department of Interior Design. The multiple faculty participation will offer opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration.
The two degrees offered are Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) & Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Interior Design.
The College of Architecture & Design (CAD) at Phoenicia University (PU) attempts at nurturing experimental thinking and creatively driven individuals in design, through such a pedagogical system of designed didactics that are all inclusive and comprehensive as well as intellectual and experiential in nature. As such, it would be as culturally and environmentally responsive to the multiple dynamics and forces of our contemporary culture and technology. Yet, and throughout our ambitious academic program, we intend to enable and properly equip our students with comprehensive, essential and fundamental skills while trying to cultivate and nurture their talents in order to bring the very best out of them. We stress the essential hands-on making skills, visual intelligence, problem solving, rational planning, engineering skills, critical as well as analytical thinking, verbal and visual communication skills in addition to teamwork and leadership qualities. As such, the aim would be to foster responsible, mature, sensible, innovative, well-rounded and strongly rooted architects and designers properly anchored in their own local culture and region as much as the universal one. They would hopefully be belonging not only to the place but to the time they live in as well.
- To impart on students’ proper understanding of the theoretical, technical and practical aspects of relevant disciplines of design
- To encourage the development of an individual approach to design (without imposing one single design philosophy and without falling back on “styles” and formalist approaches)
- To stimulate and cultivate the creative power of each student
- To acquaint students with technical and intellectual competencies, individual capabilities and contemporary design approaches
- To provide a broad-based learning experience that prepares students for careers in the professional practice of Architecture as they relate to general culture and liberal arts.
- To enhance the student’s social and environmental responsibility by contributing to creating environments that improve quality of life, increase productivity, preserve the environment and protect the health, welfare, and safety of the public at large
- To promote students’ appreciation of innovation, intellectual scholarship, craftsmanship and technology and collective approach to design and engineering undertaking, stimulate and cultivate the creative power of each student
The College of Architecture and Design offers a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in the following programs: