The College of Architecture and Design at Phoenicia University (PU) is committed to provide students with the highest standards of education and academic opportunities through fostering creativity, communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and interdisciplinary study with our design programs. We plan to make this program a world-class program, taught by internationally recognized scholars and architects with proven record of excellence in teaching, research, and practice. We encourage students to create an intelligent, critically aware approach to innovative action in architecture and interior design supported with the skills, knowledge, and proficiencies necessary for personal development.
We believe that the task of design is the creation of human environment, thus we focus on providing students with a comprehensive creative process to match between the art and the profession.
The College is headed by an Acting Dean responsible for overseeing two departments: Department of Architecture and Department of Interior Design. The College is organized into three multi-disciplinary departments to allow for multiple faculty participation. This will offer opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration. Each department will be headed by a chairperson. Department chairpersons report directly to the dean of the college. The College is managed by the dean, the chairpersons, and the administrative staff. In addition, a number of committees will be formed periodically to assess and recommend courses of actions related to the College.
The Dean will be guided by an independent advisory board composed of accomplished community leaders in business and education. The Dean has also an Advisory Committee comprised of three senior professorial faculty members to advise him/her on major strategic initiatives and act as a preliminary screening authority prior to the approval of the university president.
The College of Architecture and Design has the following objectives:
- To improve students’ understanding of the theoretical, practical, and technical aspects of different design disciplines
- To encourage the development of an individual approach to design (does not impose single design philosophy)
- To stimulate the creative powers of students
- Acquaint students with competencies, individual capabilities and contemporary design approaches
- Provide a broad-based educational experience that prepares students for careers in the professional practice of architecture, interior design
- Enhance the student’s social responsibility by creating interior environments that enhance quality of life, increase productivity, preserve the environment and protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public
- To promote students’ appreciation of innovation and technology
The College of Architecture and Design offers a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in the following programs: