The College of Arts and Sciences will be the intellectual hub of Phoenicia University (PU). Dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning which is based on liberal arts education, the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) aims to contribute to sustainable socio-economic development in Lebanon and in the Region, by graduating lifelong learners, critical thinkers, problem solvers, and innovative, responsible citizens.
The College will be headed by a Dean responsible for overseeing four departments: Department of Humanities, Department of Social Sciences, Department of Informatics/Computer Science, and Department of Basic Sciences.
The CAS degrees are designed to:
- Cultivate PU students’ interdisciplinary perspectives and prepare them for a lifetime of critical inquiry and learning by offering selected general education courses in humanities, basic sciences and social sciences
- Develop students’ transferable skills- such as effective oral and written communication, information and communication technology (ICT) skills, collaboration, and creativity
- Equip students with the requisite knowledge, skills, and dispositions to become independent learners, analytical thinkers, and problem solvers
- Enhance students’ intellectual and moral capabilities and their sense of self-confidence and civic responsibility
- Provide cultural services to the local community through a variety of cultural activities such as public lectures and exhibitions
CAS offers two degrees: