Officers of the College:
- Ramzi Taha, PhD Dean of the College
The College of Engineering (COE) at Phoenicia University (PU) strives to develop its students’ critical thinking, moral integrity, problem-solving skills, and citizenship in engineering knowledge and practice. The College adheres to the highest standards of academic rigor while espousing noble values, including personal integrity, professional responsibility, emotional intelligence, and cultural openness. In the same vein, the programs within the COE promote a culture of independent inquiry and innovation among its students, faculty members and, other key stakeholders. The ultimate goals of these programs are to craft engineering leaders who indulge in lifelong learning through professional growth and personal development.
The College of Engineering offers the Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree in the following specialty areas:
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
The COE’s vision is to be recognized as one of the leading colleges in teaching and learning, research, and innovation at national, regional, and international levels.
The COE’s mission is to educate and graduate distinctive and well-rounded engineers with highly sought-after technical, intellectual, interpersonal, and communication skills who aspire to become leaders for the betterment of the profession and the sustainable growth of society.
Within the first several years after graduation, engineering graduates of the College of Engineering at Phoenicia University are expected to:
- Stand out as engineering professionals with utmost theoretical and practical knowledge, coupled with critical thinking and problem-solving mindsets, to provide creative, effective innovative, and efficient solutions to real-world engineering challenges for the significant betterment of the modern society and its surrounding environment
- Exhibit acute leadership abilities with well-rounded personalities and with a cross-section of hard and soft skills
- Clearly manifest ethical and professional conduct in the service of the community, the environment, and the profession
- Show commitment to lifelong learning by relentlessly pursuing developmental growth through formal/ informal education, professional licensure, and career advancement
The College of Engineering offers the following degree: