Officers of the College:
- Salim El Daher, PhD Dean of the College
The College of Law and Political Science (CLPS) at Phoenicia University is committed to offer outstanding academic legal and political science education to its students. The college plans to shoulder its responsibility towards society, and to form highly educated jurists and political science graduates distinguished by their analytic skills and their ethical standing.
The CLPS is headed by a Dean who oversees the academic programs and activities in the College. The Dean is guided by an advisory committee for major strategic issues and initiatives.
The College offers the Bachelor of Law degree, according to the American credit system, while concurrently abiding by the terms of the Lebanese Government Decree no. 2642, issued on September 21, 1965. Courses in the College are taught in two languages: English and Arabic.
The College of Law and Political Science works on preparing students to be professional leaders who would excel in the job market at national, regional and international levels. To fulfil such mission, the College is committed to shape highly-educated:
- Jurists (judges, lawyers, public notaries, diplomats, legal advisers...) who distinguish themselves by their analytic skills and their ethical standing. As committed citizens, law graduates are expected to contribute to the advancement of the rule of law and common good in society. They are also expected to defend human rights, espouse and promote human, spiritual and national values, and to work for the establishment of the welfare state.
- Political science graduates (diplomats, civil servants, employees/consultants in mass media enterprises, NGO’s, international and regional organizations, educational institutions and private enterprises….) who acquire the analytic, intellectual and practical skills to look at critical issues in the political world that may affect their life and the one of the community. In their learning journey, the students build their understanding of political concepts, institutions and processes as well as causes and factors that influence the decision making process in the political arena at national, regional and international levels.
- Offer an innovative curriculum that integrates traditional legal analysis and practical skills
- Improve students’ analytical and logical thinking
- Initiate students’ capacity to look at crucial legal and political issues in depth, and empower them to defend their cases, as well as issues of justice and human rights
- Encourage students to espouse values of various kinds (human, spiritual and national), and promote them in society
- Contribute to efforts made to serve the needs of the local community and the well-being of the population
The College of Law and Political Science offers the following degrees: